Tidbits from the Law
- Tidbits from the Law - April 2012
- Tidbits from the Law - January 2012
- Tidbits from the Law - June 2011
- Tidbits in the Law - May 2011
- Tidbits in the Law - January 2011
- Tidbits from the Law - November 2010
- Tidbits From the Law - September 2010
- Tidbits from the Law - June 2010
- Tidbits from the Law - May 2010
- Tidbits from the Law - January 2010
- Tidbits from the Law - November 2009
- Tidbits from the Law - October 2009
What is Your Company’s Policy on Employee’s Use of Computers (And Why Is It Important)
- A New Form of Business Entity in Illinois
- Franchising: Is it the right option for your business?
- Consolidating Management of Business or Property Using an LLC or Family Limited Partnership
- Hiring a lawyer before starting a franchise could save you down the road
- What is the right business entity to use for your new business?
- Watch out for this if you are an S-Corporation
- Is Your Family Business Sustainable?
- Trend in Non-Competition Agreements
- Noncompete Provisions Can Undermine Future Opportunities
- Fired workers also have rights
- New ADA Regs Change the Employment Landscape
- The Meaning Behind the Confusing Alphabet Soup of Business Ownership
- You own the business; should you own the space?
- Investigation and Self Protection Prudent when hiring contractors
- What’s New This Year for Employers
- Major Changes Governing Brokers
- The Many Reasons To Have An Employee Handbook
- The Importance of a Team to the Growth of Your Business
Partnership & Shareholders Disputes
- Resolving Partnership Disputes
- Like a marriage, a new business partnership needs a 'pre-nup'
- Tricky business 'divorcing' a business partner
Buying or Selling a Domain
- Does a Buy Sell Agreement Make Sense?
- Preparing Your Business For Sale
- Is Buying a Franchise Your Best Option?
- Warranties, Representations Protect Buyer
- Plan ahead when selling your business to get the best price
Business Succession Planning
- How to keep the business in the family - or not June 2010
- Why Have Share Transfer Restrictions for Closely Held Corporations (or even LLC’s)
- When Should Owners Develop An Exit Strategy?
Business Tax Planning
Estate Planning Articles
Estate Tax Planning
- A New Federal Estate Tax Law – What Does It Mean?
- Updates on the Federal Estate Tax Law
- Look For Changes In the Estate Tax Laws In the Fourth Quarter of 2009
- Law In Limbo as Citizens Ride the Roller Coaster on Estate Tax
- Is This a Good Time to Transfer Your Wealth to Your Children?
- Consider a Donor Advised Fund
- Giving Something Back a Wise Investment
- 'Tis the Season to Give Assets to Loved Ones
- Is making gifts in 2012 appropriate?
Wills & Trusts
- If You Plan to Contest the Will, It is Best to Refuse the Bequest
- Using a trust to provide for long term care - June 2010
- Planning for long term care for aging parents
- Talking With Your Elderly Parents About Lifestyle and Money - Part 1
- Talking With Your Elderly Parents About Lifestyle and Money - Part 2
- Parents Medicaid application may be affected by gifts to kids
Probate & Estate Administration
- Use of Powers of Attorney for Your Children Who Are Over 18
- What Happens to Your IRA or 401(k) When You Die?
- So You Are Looking For Long Term Care For Your Parents
- Are You An Innocent Spouse?
- Convenience Account or Joint Account?
- Is Your House in Order?
- What to Look Forward to in Taxes for 2011
- It’s Time to Do a Good Financial Plan
- No Generation Skipping Tax this Year
- How the Law Compensates Family Caregivers June 2010
- A Nursing Home is Taken to Task
- Some Medicare Recipients Will See a Rise in Premiums in 2010
- Taking Care of Mom and Dad When They Are Elderly
- So You Have Entered Retirement - Now What?
- When to review estate plans
- Just in case: Organize Your Life In a Simple Binder
- Keeping Vacation Homes in the Family
- Is Your Home A Good Safety Net For You When You Are Older?
- Geriatric consultant can help families as parents age
- Parents of special needs children should develop plan for later in life
- Seniors – Planning ahead is key to financial stability
- The IRS Has New Rules For Investors
- Know the rules before listing beneficiaries to IRA account
- Think twice before listing minor as a beneficiary on IRA
- What can you do with an inherited IRA?
- What to Do About Year End Tax Planning
- Changes In the Tax Law For 2009
- What Distribution Do You Have to Take From Your IRA in 2009?
- Life Lessons Remembered - March 16, 2011
- Watch What You Put On Facebook—It May Come Back to Haunt You Later
- We Want to be Your Resource
- Beware of Advertisements on Tax Reductions
- Your Attorney Is Your Trusted Advisor
- Not Easy, But Being Green Is the Hottest, Trendiest
- Working out issues with your lender
- What Kind of FDIC Coverage Do You Have?
- Protect your pets when you can no longer do it
- Prenuptial Agreements – A Safety Net